The Oaks Church in Harvington was set up in October 2008.
We are a non-denominational church and meet at the Oaks Community Hall (hence the name!!!)
House Group Every Friday at 7:30pm (for more details, please call 07958 489994 or contact [email protected])
- Sunday Service at 10:30am at the Oaks Church in Harvington.
Please contact [email protected] for more details.
Postcode for Sat Navs: DY10 4NS
Why The Oaks Church is different from most other churches...
- We believe God has preserved every word perfect and given it to us in the King James Bible - Ps 12v6+7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. Most other churches do NOT believe that the Holy Bible is perfect, they think it has errors in it. Their God isn't as powerful as my God. To us, the Bible is the most exciting Book on planet earth and we love reading and studying it. It's our Final Authority, the last word, on all matters of faith and practice. If your thoughts and beliefs are contrary to the Bible, you are WRONG and I/WE stand AGAINST you.
- We major on the word of God - 2 Tim 4v2+3 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; We don't go in for sensationalism, fake signs and wonders, showmanship, or whipped up frenzied fleshly so-called 'worship'. You won't find us barking like dogs, rolling on the floor, singing endless 'choruses', 'screaming like a banshee', throwing hymn books, 'running the bases', 'throwing shoes at the preacher (unless he's really bad)'... jumping on the tables and chairs, shouting 'Preach it!!!', 'waving flags' (especially blue and yellow!) or any of the other nonsense you hear in FLESHLY meetings. We really do love the Lord and want to do things decently and in order, as the Lord Jesus would. (1 Cor 14v40). ...the flesh profiteth nothing - John 6v63. Rom 8v4-8 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.. We want to be spirit filled children in control of our faculties. Rom 8v1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 Cor 10v5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
- We judge everything by the word of God - 1 Cor 2v15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things... 1 Cor 2v13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. It's a spiritual Book, so we compare Scripture with Scripture, in context to get the meaning.
- Due to the fact that I preached predominately to just three women for years, I don't have to fear about upsetting anyone. You know where the door is if you get offended and want to leave. I will preach and teach Biblical truth no matter who it offends. I do this out of a love for the Lord, His word and the truth. I want to do all I can to build you all up in the Scriptures so you can deal with life in a better way. Put the Lord and His word first, and everything else will fall into place. Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Gal 4v16
- It's not a one man 'show' - I love teamwork, that is why I try to get others involved in the work and ministry. I try to give opportunities to everyone. If you can preach, teach, sing, read, give testimony, play music, teach children, or whatever talent the Lord has given you, there is always opportunities here... just let me know.
- We don't just live for the Lord IN church... we try to live for Him in everything we do, hence why we are all responsible for reaching lost souls with the Gospel. Most church members aren't interested in saving lost souls from going to Hell.
- We reject man-made doctrines such as Calvinism, Hyper-Dispensationalism, and all the other 'ISM's' and cult like teachings. I will speak as plainly as I can, as honest as I can, from the Scripture of truth - Dan 10v21. You'll get it straight from the heart, speaking the truth in love Eph 4v15.
- We're open to correction - Gal 6v1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Thes 3v15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
- We don't believe in women 'pastors, elders, deacons, or bishops' - Not one woman was chosen to be an apostle. Not one woman was used to record any book in the Bible. There is no mention of one single woman 'preacher' in the New Testament. Not one single sermon in Scripture was ever preached by a woman. In Acts 6v1-4 - the apostles chose seven men, no women. The serpent was in the garden before Adam but he never tried to deceive Adam, he went straight for the woman. Why? (1 Tim 2v14, 2 Cor 11v3, 1 Pet 3v7). Male leadership in the church has never been a problem until this Laodicean age. God established the Messianic line through Kings not Queens. Read 1 Tim 2v11+12 and 1 Cor 14v33-37 - I never wrote that, God did.
- We will expose and name heretics, liars, hypocrites, and those who you should steer clear of - 2 Tim 4v14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 3 John 1v9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Luke 13v31+32 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
- The Oaks Church isn't a church for lukewarm Christians. You'll either get stirred up, fired up, made up, fed up, or you'll blow up... we've had em all!!! You can't hide at The Oaks Church. Submit to THE BOOK... OR LEAVE!!!
- You'll get challenged all the time to seek a deeper and closer walk with the Lord Jesus Christ, and to live according to the Bible.
- We're not after your money. You don't pay my bills. We take up an offering to cover the costs of the hall etc. Some of you do support Time for Truth! with gifts towards the ministry, but we don't ask or demand anything. You do as the Lord leads you. 2 Cor 9v6+7 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. What you do with your money is up to you, but if you are not using it in someway for the Lord's work, you're wasting it. I'm not into 'tithing', we don't teach it here as I don't believe you have to today. I do believe in using money the Lord gives you for ministry. I leave it there.
- We will stand against all ungodly laws passed by the Government e.g. sodomy, evolution, covid, etc. I also pay my taxes... Kent Hovind didn't and look what happened to him. Mat 22v21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. Read Rom 13v1-8. Read Ruckman's Romans Commentary page 522.
- You'll get 'all the counsel of God' preached and taught here, rightly divided - Acts 20v27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Acts 20v20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you... 2 Tim 2v15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Here at The Oaks Church you'll get a balanced diet of doctrine, NOT 'Hyper' in anything Lord willing.
- We want to help each other grow spiritually, and support one another in every way we can. No one should be left alone, everyone should be looking after each other.
- Here at The Oaks Church we want to be honest and genuine. We are just an average group of Bible Believing Christians trying to get through life the best we can, living for the Lord in all that we do. We are not seeking fame, fortune or a 'big name'. Phil 2v5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. We don't want to see pride in ourselves or others.
- I'm not here to impress. Leadership is not easy. I don't desire titles. A 'pastor' aka a 'shepherd' feeds, protects and looks after his sheep. I'll do that in every way I can. If you need help, I'm here... talk to me. We are a family and I know that some of you text one another to 'check in' that everything is okay, I'd encourage you to do more of this with each other. Call, email etc. meet up!? I send out weekly/daily at times, email updates with help and advice, helping us to think right and to stay on track.
- I've had people leave The Oaks Church saying 'There's no love in this church!' I've had some of you say that you feel more loved and cared for here than any other place you've been to. You can't please everyone, so why try?
- With all the nasty things that have happened over the last two and a half years, we've stuck together. Through the bad stuff, some of us have met for the first time and become friends, brothers and sisters.
- I will do all I can to get you to 'think', push you to your limits in certain areas, go deeper than you would do if you were in another church. I want you to seek the Lord and His word deeper than you have ever done before. Many of you have said to me you're reading your King James Bibles more than ever and loving the studies which is great.
- We don't have hierarchy, 'them and us', 'laity and clergy', we are Christians walking through life together. Some of us meet once a week, some twice, some more on occasions. We're a team. We actually want to get to know one another and learn about each other. We are sincerely interested in one another.
- Here at The Oaks Church we are very flexible and cater for different needs of people. If an unsaved person comes in, we'll adapt with the Gospel. We try to be lead by the Holy Spirit in how to conduct our meetings. Some meetings we'll have a deep Bible study that will take up most of the time, other meetings will have a format that we stick to.
- We tell it like it is - if something needs addressing, we'll try our best to address it. We're not afraid to speak the truth Lord willing... in love - Eph 4v15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
- We don't 'boast' in what WE have done. If anything good happens we thank the Lord and give Him the glory. Ps 44v8 In God we boast all the day long, and praise thy name for ever. Ps 94v4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves? Gal 6v14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
- What other things... No gimmicks, no bands (although we are open to musical instruments), we're not a social club, we serve 'disgusting' coffee (according to Simon) but great food...! (I guess you can't have it all).
So why do you attend The Oaks Church?
- Because you want to spiritually grow in your Christian life.
- To be grounded in the Scriptures.
- To worship the Lord Jesus Christ.
- To meet likeminded Bible Believing Christians and have fellowship with them.
- To learn from the King James Bible and get challenged.
- To seek God and see what He would have you to do and where He would have you go... your next step?
- To make new friends.
- To share experiences with one another.
- To get fired up.
- To get support and help.
- To get encouragement.
- To get challenged.
- To leave the world and all its problems behind and come to a little oasis in the desert.
- To seek God for an answer through His word.
- To take comfort, from each other, we're in the same boat, similar situations - 1 Pet 5v9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 1 Cor 10v13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- To get equipped.
- To get things off our chest and talk to others about what we're going through.
What you will find if you visit Oaks...
A warm welcome!
A non-compromising group of Christians that seek the TRUTH.
A church that bases all its teaching and preaching upon the Authorized Version Bible.
Sincerity and honesty.
A reverence for the Lord.
An opportunity to worship the Lord and remember all He has done for us.
A congregation with a heart for evangelism; we not only meet for worship and Bible study twice a week together, but seek to live out our Christian life on a daily basis when we are out in the world, whether in secular employment/at university etc.
A group of Christians who are seeking a closer walk/relationship with the Lord.
Enthusiasm and excitement about the Lord and studying His word.
A church that has a Final Authority to turn to in every situation.
A church that has a leader who earnestly seeks to preach the truth and encourage, build-up, teach etc. the congregation. He will not hold-back in order not to offend.
Preaching about Hell, Judgment, the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, False Cults, Living for the Lord, Life, the Rapture, etc.
Christians who truly love the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are serious about our faith!
We often meet outside of church to distribute tracts and Christian literature, including our Oaks Church leaflet!
We realise our days on earth are short and we must not waste time.
In comparison, you will NOT find...
A band with a worship leader! Oftentimes an opportunity for 'Chirstians' to show off their talent and seek the glory for themselves!
A stage/platform for a smooth-talking 'preacher' to air his views and tell stories! Oftentimes seen these days as an entertainer.
A host of Bible versions. We only use the Authorized Version!
Cliques - where you feel you don't belong or fit in!
Women preachers; we aim to obey the Scriptures.
A group of 'modern-day Christians' who are only interested in the social aspect of church life.
A Wii, a television, or a Playstation!
Competition among the congregation.
Gossiping and backbiting.
A church membership form to fill in.
So, if you too love the Lord and His word, are seeking to grow in your Christian walk, are keen to learn more, are concerned about reaching others with the Gospel and want an opportunity to share the Scriptures and talk in depth ... Oaks is for you!
If you are happy to compromise your faith, don't find the Bible 'interesting' and don't read it from one week to the next, go to church just out of duty, don't want to submit to the truth of the Scriptures or want a nice little social gathering, stay where you are!!!
Why not evaluate your own Christian walk and think seriously about your relationship with the Lord. Have you got into a rut and your church-going has become just a routine; something you've done for years? It can and does happen!
Come and visit us!
You know what to expect!
Are you ready for the challenge???